By Jerry Mooney
Is your e-commerce store currently languishing on page two or three of Google? If this is the case, it is time to take a look at your search engine optimisation (SEO) strategy. All e-commerce stores need to implement effective SEO if they are to reach the sales targets they have put in place. After all, if your website is not visible on all of the major search engine websites, how do you expect to make any sales? With that in mind, read on to discover some top tips to follow:
- Run promotions for social shares, mentions, and easy links – One of the best ways to boost your search engine ranking is to run promotions. Everyone loves a promotion, and this is a great way to increase your shares on social media and boost your link building strategy in the process. Whether it is a giveaway, a competition, or a heavily discounted item, you can rest assured that these posts will generate a lot of attention. Competitions work really well because people need to share your posts in order to enter, and this results in them effectively advertising your company for you. Don’t only use social media to advertise offers and giveaways. You should reach out to forums, competition pages, and influencers as well.
- Add buy online to your product page title tags – You will get more qualified traffic to your e-commerce store if you add the phrase ‘buy online’ to your product title tags. After all, whenever someone searches a phrase with the words ‘buy online’ incorporated, you can be pretty certain that they have a high intention of purchasing. This is a great way to get rid of the time wasters and ensure that the people visiting your website have a genuine interest in buying something from you.
- Create articles and guides for buyers – There are many benefits of going down this route. Firstly, it will show you as an expert in your field, and this means customers will be more inclined to trust you. Also, you are creating more pages for ranking your website, and you will boost your keyword and link building strategy too.
- Send products to bloggers to review – This may be an old approach, but it is one that is very useful and beneficial today. You should take the time to find bloggers that are in your niche. You should ask them to put together a review in exchange for a product. You do need to be mindful when choosing bloggers to target. The most obvious option is to go for the biggest players in your industry. However, they will be inundated with offers, which makes it incredibly difficult to secure their services so to speak. This is why it is a good idea to choose mid-list bloggers and local bloggers. You should have a greater chance of getting them to review your products.
- Seek professional assistance – One of the easiest ways to reach the dizzy heights of page one is to experience a digital transformation for e-commerce businesses facilitated by an outside partner. After all, you can be certain of success when you are relying on professionals that have plenty of experience. They will be able to use a proven array of different strategies to make sure your business’ search engine ranking improves.
- Write better product descriptions – Now would be a good time to address your product descriptions. It can be a difficult balance to get right. We all know that longer content ranks better. However, the last thing you want to do is team every product with an essay, nor do you want to stuff your product descriptions with keywords where they are not necessary. You need to find a way to add more content, yet ensuring that the content is valuable. For example, you could add a comprehensive list of all of the benefits and features of each product, and add that to each page. You will be sure to see your rankings and traffic increase for these pages on your website.
- Write title tags that entice people to click – Finally, you should also take a look at your title tags. All too often, we simply focus on rankings when it comes to SEO, but this is only half of the battle. You also need to entice people to click on your links. The only way to do this is to make them creative and descriptive. You should take some time looking online for similar products. What compels you to click and what doesn’t? This will give you a good idea of what works and what doesn’t.